The commute this week has been quite nice, for the main part... during spring break, there's so much less traffic - we can actually drive at freeway speeds during rush hour.
The exception was our spring blizzard. The office shut down early, and the commute home was SLOW. I'm glad that I had swapped cars with Scooter for the week (so that I could fix the radio and the window crank). The Festiva handles so much better in the snow than the Insight, which is so close to the ground that it gets high centered and/or scrapes the bottom on whatever snow is on the roads.
This mornings drive was on snowpacked freeways. It's exciting to be driving on freeways without lane markings. The car right in front of me about 2 miles from the office was moving too fast and he started fish tailing, then slid off the road. Always good for a bit of excitement. Tonight the roads were all clear. I wouldn't be surprised if by tomorrow night all the snow has melted.
And Scooter's car is "fixed", the necessary spare parts were donated by the spare parts Festiva, "Steve".
No comments:
Post a Comment